Tammy Lynn Sytch somehow always found herself in trouble with the law for one reason or another. The WWE Hall of Famer continues to make headlines for all the wrong reasons. She is now trying to further delay her DUI manslaughter trial.
As previously reported, Sytch was involved in a fatal three-car crash. The driver of the vehicle hit by Sytch, identified as Julian Lafrancis Lasseter Jr. of Daytona Beach Shores, was transported to Halifax Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
This led to her getting arrested as it was determined that the wreck was her fault, and that was just the start of it. Steven deLaroche, who was representing her, requested to withdraw from the case. This led to her requesting a public defender in her case because she is broke.
According to PW Insider, Tammy Sytch’s attorney filed a motion with Volusia County Court in Florida advising that Sytch is waiving her right to a speedy trial, “arising out of the criminal episode made the subject of this prosecution; specifically, the right to be tried within 175 days of her being taken into custody as provided by law and Rule 3.191, Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure.”
On the same day, her attorney also filed a motion asking for her August 11th pre-trial hearing to be postponed.
“1. This defendant in this case is currently charged by Information with one count of DUI Manslaughter, one count of DWLS with Death and six counts of misdemeanor DUI.
2. The Office of the Public Defender was appointed in this matter on June 30, 2022, after private counsel withdrew.
3. Discovery in this matter to date includes over sixty videos and several hundred photographs.
4. Additional time is needed to prepare this case for trial.
5. Depositions have been scheduled for September 13, 2022. Additional depositions will be scheduled as defense counsel reviews additional discovery.
6. The defendant has filed a written waiver of her right to a speedy trial.
7. Assistant State Attorney Ashley Terwilleger has been contacted and does not object to the granting of this motion.
8. Defense counsel would request that the next PreTrial Conference be scheduled in either October or November 2022, at the court’s discretion.
9. This motion is made in good faith and not for purposes of delay.”
Tammy Lynn Sytch is simply a problematic person through and through. Many fans want her locked up in jail for a long time, which very well could happen. Bill DeMott is certainly in that camp. It remains to be seen whether she will spend the rest of her life behind bars. For the meantime, Sunny will remain incarcerated.
What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comments!