May 11th, 2022
Belmont Park, Elmont, New York
Welcome to our live coverage of AEW Dynamite, which is emanating from UBS Arena at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York. Announced for tonight’s show, Danhausen will make his in-ring debut against Tony Nese, CM Punk will take on John Silver, Ricky Starks will battle Jungle Boy, Toni Storm will face Jamie Hayter in The Owen Hart foundation tournament first round, Adam Cole will battle Dax Harwood in the first round of the Owen Hart foundation tournament first round match, Darby Allin will face Jeff Hardy in an Owen Hart Foundation Tournament first round match, and MJF will present his stipulation to Wardlow for their match at Double At Nothing.
Match 1: Adam Cole vs Dax Harwood
– The match starts out with both men locking up, Cole pushes Dax into the corner, Cole slaps and taunt him. Dax lands a chop and a punch to Cole, Cole then lands a knee to the stomach of Knee, Cole then lands a neckbreaker on Dax. Dax then lands a series of punches on Cole and goes for the sharpshooter but Cole rolls him up for a nearfall, Dax reverses it into a roll up for a nearfall, Cole then slides Dax into the ring post, ribs and back first. Cole then sends Dax shoulder first into the steel steps, Cole then slams Dax into the steel steps once again, Cole then slams Dax shoulder first into the ring post as we go to commercial break.
– We are back from commercial break as we see Cole Irish whip Dax shoulder first into the turnbuckle, Dax then lands two German suplexes on Cole but Cole turns it around into a german suplex, Dax then lands a third German suplex. Dax goes for a diving headbutt but Cole moves out of the way, Dax then rebounds Cole off the top rope and lands a powerbomb for a nearfall, Cole then lands a brainbuster on Dax, causing Dax to crash into his knee for another nearfall, Dax lands a crossbody from the second rope for another nearfall, Cole then kicks the knee of Dax and goes for the Panama sunrise but Dax counters with an Alabama slam. Dax then lands a piledriver but is only able to secure a nearfall. Dax then locks in the sharpshooter on Cole but Dax has to let go due to the pain in his ribs, Cole then sends Dax from the apron onto the ground in front of the crowd, Dax is able to get back in at a nine count, Cole then locks in a sharpshooter of his own for the submission victory.
Winner via submission: Adam Cole at 15:31.
– “Hangman” Adam Page comes out to do commentary for CM Punk vs John Silver. CM Punk comes out in an Islander jersey.
Match 2: CM Punk vs John Silver
– The match starts off with both men locking up, Punk backs Silver, Punk then locks in a headlock on Silver but Silver counters into a shoulder tackle, Punk goes for a hiptoss but Silver pins him with a backslide buy only gets a two count. Silver then lands a series of Punches to Punk in the corner, Punk lands a closeline on Dax as we go to commercial break.
– We are back from commercial as Punk jumps at Silver in the corner but Silver is able to counter, Silver then lands a series of kicks to Punk followed by a brainbuster for the nearfall, Silver then lands a tornado DDT to Punk but only gets a nearfall, Punk then lands a roundhouse kick on Dax, Punk then lands the rising knee to Silver in the corner, followed a closeline. Punk then lands the buckshot lariat for the pinfall victory.
Winner via pinfall= CM Punk at 8:09.
– Adam Page comes down to the ring, Punk says that it seems like Page is taking this personal, Punk says taking the title isn’t personal its business, Punk says at the end of Double Or Nothing he will shake his hand, Page then flips off Punk and leaves the ring.
Match 3: Danhausen vs Tony Nese
– The match starts out with Smart Mark Sterling distracting Danhausen, Nese then lands a knee in the corner for the quick victory.
Winner via pinfall: Tony Nese at 0:36.
– After the match, Smart Mark Sterling asks why Tony Nese didn’t get an entrance but Danhausen did, Sterling says that Nese will destroy all of the internet meme wrestlers, Nese then lands a knee in the corner. Nese goes for another knee but Hook comes out. Smart Mark Sterling and Tony Nese then retreat as Hook finally shakes Danhausen’s hand.
– Wardlow comes out to no music as he’s handcuffed, we get a parody of Dark Side Of The Ring, various wrestlers call Wardlow a bad guy for costing MJF so many matches, MJF then makes his entrance in a hockey jersey. MJF says that he loves Long Island but unfortunately they have to talk to Wardlow, MJF compares this to David vs Goliath, MJF calls himself a prince from Long Island, MJF says that he would like to give Wardlow the chance to speak, MJF asks the crowd to boo Wardlow out the arena anytime he tries to speak, Wardlow tries to talk but the crowd boos, MJF calls Wardlow the worst and that Karma is coming his way for everything he did to Cody Rhodes, MJF says that if Wardlow wants the match at Double Or Nothing he will get whipped 10 times, and after that he will have to face Shawn Spears in a steel cage match, with MJF as the special referee. MJF then says that if Wardlow loses at Double Or Nothing he will be fired from AEW. Wardlow then goes to sign the contract but Wardlow is unable to, MJF then demands that Wardlow be uncuffed so he can sign. Wardlow then attacks the security guards, Spears tries to hit Wardlow with the chair but Wardlow punches him, MJF tries to leave but MJF leaves, Wardlow grabs him and goes for a powerbomb but Smart Mark Sterling jumps on his back, Wardlow then sends Smart Mark Sterling through the contract table with a powerbomb.
Match 4: FTW title: Ricky Starks (c) vs Jungle Boy
– The match starts with both men locking up, Both men then exchange hiplock takedowns, Jungle boy then tries to climb the ropes but Starks knees him in the back, Jungle Boy then lands an armdrag from the top rope followed by a dropkick, sending Starks to the outside as we go to commercial break.
– We are back from commercial break as we see Jungle Boy land an elbow on Starks, followed by a series of punches followed by a lariat, Jungle Boy then goes for a tornado DDT but Starks counters and attempts q suplex, Jungle Boy counters with a knee and lands a tornado DDT for a nearfall, Jungle Boy then lands a superkick on Starks for another nearfall. Starks then lands a spear on Jungle Boy for another nearfall. Jungle Boy then locks in the snare trap submission but Starks gets to the bottom rope, Starks then goes outside and grabs the FTW title but Swearve comes out and sends him back in the ring, Jungle Boy rolls up Starks but the referee is distracted sending Swerve Strickland to the back. Starks then hits the Roshambo for the pinfall victory. Jurassic Express qnd Christian Cage comes out and yells at Swerve, Keith Lee then comes out to stand by Swerve, Christian then hugs a disappointed Jungle Boy.
Winner via pinfall and STILL FTW champion: Ricky Starks at 10:00.
– The Jericho Appreciation Society make their entrance to give their “victory speech.” Matt Minard calls this the greatest stable ever. Jericho said he was born near here but moved away quickly because he knew that it sucked, Jericho threatens to throw a fireball in a fans face because he is the wizard. Jericho says that eliminated Eddie Kingston, Santana, and Ortiz one by one, Jericho says that Jericho 2:16 just burned your face, Jericho says that Eddie has to stay home and take care of his wife, and if he doesn’t she can give her a call. Daniel Garcia says that anytime a wrestler faces a sports entertainer the sports entertainer always wins. Jon Moxley then interrupts and makes his entrance through the crowd, Jericho says that he’s giving Moxley a chance to leave but Bryan Danielson and Wheeler Yuta makes his entrance, Eddie Kingston, Santana, and Ortiz get on the apron. All six men attack the Jericho Appreciation Society, William Regal lands a punch on Jericho outside the ring as the Jericho Appreciation Society retreat.
Match 5: Toni Storm vs Jamie Hayter
– The match starts out with Jamie taking down Toni Storm, both women then locks hands with a test of strength, with Hayter getting the better of the two and gaining two nearfalls, Storm then lands a dropkick on Hayter, sending her to the outside, As Toni is entering the ring, Hayter lands a big boot on Toni, sending her to the outside as we go to commercial break.
– We are back from commercial as we see both women exchanging a series of punches, Toni then lands q tornado DDT inside the ring, Hayter rolls to the outside and Toni lands another tornado DDT, this time on the outside, Storm then lands a crossbody from the top rope but only gets a nearfall, Hayter than lands a backbreaker on Toni for another nearfall. Hayter then lands a rock bottom to Storm on the apron before putting her on the top rope, Hayter then lands a superplex from the top rope, Hayter goes for another suplex but Storm rolls her up for the nearfall, Storm then hits the Storm Zero for the pinfall victory.
Winner via pinfall: Toni Storm at 8:35
Match 6: Darby Allin vs Jeff Hardy
– The match starts with Darby lands a dropkick to Jeff in tithe corner, followed by a tope suicida to the outside. Darby then sets up chairs but Jeff flapjacks Darby into the steel steps face first, Jeff then jumps off the steel steps, taking Darby out with a closeline, Jeff then land a twist of Fate to Darby in the ropes, Jeff pulls out a ladder as we go to commercial break.
– We are back from commercial as we see Darby pull Jeff off the ladder, Darby then lands a swanton to Jeff off the giant ladder, sending Darby and Jeff crashing into the steel chairs. Darby goes for the coffin drop to Jeff on the apron but Jeff rolls out of the way, Jeff goes for a Swanton to Darby Allin on the steel steps on the outside but Jeff rolls out of the way, Darby then lands the coffin drop for a nearfall, Jeff rolls him up for the pinfall victory.
Winner via pinfall: Jeff Hardy
AEW Dynamite ends with Jeff shaking Darby’s hand, The Undisputed Elite stare down the Hardys from the ramp, Adam Cole will face Jeff Hardy next week on Dynamite in the semi-finals of The Owen Hart foundation tournament!!